Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Keep Language Learning Trendy During Covid

 

During these (select one: trying, troubling, uncertain, paralizing) times, you may be saying to yourself, “self, you can barely keep your head straight in ONE language, how am I supposed to be practicing another”? In such cases, I myself like to turn to the Zeitgeist. What, I ask, does The Zeitgeist want from me? How can I Tiktok my way into learning French? What do Billie Eilish lyrics have to say about Urdu? In Japan, are they saying “Ok, Karen-San”? Here are some ways I imagine The Zeitgeist would approve to boost my language learning skills.

Speak to your Sourdough Starter in Spanish.


Some examples:

“Hola, pan de masa madre’. ¿Necesitas más harina?

Hello, Sourdough. Do you need more flour?

“Lo siento estas seco.”

“I’m sorry you are dry.”

“Pan de masa madre, ¿donde está la biblioteca?”

“Sourdough, where is the library?”

It should be noted that sourdough bread feels most comfortable speaking the Andalusian dialect. 


Talk about Tom Nook behind his back in German.


Du ruinierst mich, entzückender Waschbär.

You are ruining me, adorable raccoon. 


Put French subtitles on ‘Tiger King’. 

Teach yourself ‘Gucci Gucci’ by Lil Durk in Romanian.

“Gucci (Gucci, Gucci) Gucci (Gucci, Gucci) 
Tot Gucci, Gucci Gucci, Gucci
Tot Gucci, Gucci Gucci, Gucci
Tot Gucci, Gucci Gucci, Gucci
Tot Gucci, Gucci”

When all else fails, learn to cry in different languages!

Bulgaria- “Yaaaaaa-yaaaaaa!” 

Thailand- “Uwae Uwae!” 

Indonesia- “Owe owe!” 

Bangladesh- “Oaa oaa!” 

France- “Ouin-ouin!” 


You're welcome, you may now stay relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment